This easy prawn and courgette linguine dish would make a great midweek meal or weekend showstopper, and is really quick to make too!
Serves 4-5 people
- 2 180g bags of frozen prawns (cooked and peeled)
- 3 courgettes
- 1 small red chilli (without seeds)
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 500g Linguine
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice courgettes in half before slicing them thinly into semi circles. Leave to the side before finely chopping the chilli and garlic too.
- Bring some salted water to the boil in a medium pan and add the linguine. Set a timer for around 10 minutes (or whatever it recommends on the packet).
- In a large frying pan, heat up the butter and oil before adding the courgette slices. Sautee until lightly browned before adding the chili and garlic – you don’t want the garlic to burn!
- With around 3 minutes left on the pasta, add in the cooked frozen prawns, and pan fry for 3-4 minutes adding more oil if needed. Make sure they are piping hot.
- Then, saving a little pasta water, drain the linguine. Add the pasta and a splash of pasta water to the pan and mix all the ingredients together.
Serve with a scattering of chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice!
For more content like this click here